These two photographs are from the Carl Bernard Gilbertson Collection. The first photograph features an unidentified man standing in front of the first permanent schoolhouse monument at the base of Dakota Street. (For a view of the first school house in its original location: http://dlsd.sdln.net/cdm/singleitem/collection/richardson/id/200.) In the second photograph, a float is shown in a Law Sneak Day parade circa 1914.
The first permanent schoolhouse in Dakota Territory was erected in 1864 by Dakota Cavalry Company A under the direction of Captain Nelson Miner: http://dlsd.sdln.net/cdm/compoundobject/collection/richardson/id/172/rec/1. The first teacher at the school was Amos F. Shaw: http://dlsd.sdln.net/cdm/compoundobject/collection/richardson/id/184/rec/1.
For more information on the dedication ceremonies recently held: http://www.cchssd.org/events.