December 13, 2013 by Sarah A. Hanson
Ruth Patrick and Alice Mason in a tree below the bluff. Monument to the school house built under the direction of Captain Nelson Miner by the first Dakota Cavalry in 1864 appears in the background.
Donated by Dorothy Manning, the Alice Bryden Mason Collection features the photographs and album pages of USD 1916 graduate Alice Mason. Included in the collection is a rare photograph of Spirit Mound.
Alice Bryden Mason